Man trampled to death by elephant
Dehradun: An elderly man was trampled to death by an elephant in Shaympur forest range near the famous Rajaji National Park in Haridwar district.
Four residents of Rasoolpur Gote village ventured out of their houses yesterday in search of their buffaloes, forest department sources said today.
As they entered the Shyampur forest range close to Rajaji Park, they came face to face with a pachyderm.
While three of them ran to safety, 56-year-old Gopal Dutt Kandpal was lifted by the elephant on its trunk and thrown to the ground before being trampled to death, forest department sources said.
Kandpal died on the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family