Man who severed wife`s body sent to police remand
Dehra Dun: The software engineer, who
allegedly murdered his wife, cut the body into pieces and hid
it in a deep freezer for nearly two months, was on Monday sent to
four days police remand by a local court.
Rajesh Gulati (37), who hails from Delhi, was produced
before Chief Judicial Magistrate Amrendra Singh, who sent him
to four-day police remand, SSP Dehra Dun GS Mortolia said.
The grisly incident came to light yesterday when Sujan
Kumar, brother of the victim Anupama Gulati (33), lodged a
complaint with the police after he failed to get any
satisfactory answer from the accused about his sister.
After the complaint, police arrested Gulati from his
rented accommodation at Prakash Nagar area here, Martolia
said, adding that Gulati confessed to have murdered Anupama on
The couple used to fight frequently and on October 17
Gulati banged Anupama`s head against a wall after which she
fell unconscious. Later, he strangulated her in a fit of rage
and cut the corpse into pieces later hiding it in a
deep-freezer, Martolia said.
The couple also had four-year twins, who were informed by
the accused that their mother had gone to Delhi. Gulati also
informed Anupama`s family that his relations with his wife had
However, her brother grew suspicious and came to Dehra
Dun yesterday to inquire about his sister.
The couple had married in 1999 after a long courtship
period but their relations turned sour later. They had settled
down in Dehra Dun 18 months ago after they returned from US.
Meanwhile, the couple`s children are in custody of their
maternal uncle, who would take them to Delhi, police said.
Inspector General of Police, Garhwal, MA Ganapathy said
the police would investigate the case under "rare of the
rarest cases" and take help of forensic experts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!