Maoists-police engage in gunbattle in Jharkhand
Latehar (Jharkhand): The para-military forces, which began anti-naxal operation, were fired upon by the left wing guerrillas of the CPI (Maoist) near Kumandih village of Latehar district, police said on Wednesday.
"The anti-naxal operation began on Monday. The Maoists opened fire on the personnel of the CRPF, Jharkhand Jaguar and the district police last night," Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj told reporters here.
Stating that the security forces had also retaliated and the exchange of fire lasted for about an hour, he said a few shots were also fired around 11 am today.
There was no casualty from any side, he said adding the security forces were also scourging the forests in the night as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'