Meeting at Gairsain to boost uplift of hill areas: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Thursday said the cabinet meeting being held at Gairsain on Saturday is aimed at giving a boost to development activities in the hill areas of the state.
Bahuguna said the cabinet meeting at Gairsain was another step towards achieving the goal of equitable development of Kumaon and Garhwal regions and asked the opposition not to indulge in petty politics over an issue related to people`s sentiment.
The chief minister was talking to a delegation of Uttarakhand Rajya Andolankari Manch which called on him to commend the move and hand him a charter of demands through a memorandum.
Problems unique to the hill areas will be discussed and significant decisions taken at the meeting, he said.
Located between the two regions, Gairsain is an emotive issue with a sizeable section of those who fought for a separate Uttarakhand in favour of the remote place being declared the capital of the state which completes 12 years of its existence this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof