Meeting at Gairsain to boost uplift of hill areas: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Thursday said the cabinet meeting being held at Gairsain on Saturday is aimed at giving a boost to development activities in the hill areas of the state.
Bahuguna said the cabinet meeting at Gairsain was another step towards achieving the goal of equitable development of Kumaon and Garhwal regions and asked the opposition not to indulge in petty politics over an issue related to people`s sentiment.
The chief minister was talking to a delegation of Uttarakhand Rajya Andolankari Manch which called on him to commend the move and hand him a charter of demands through a memorandum.
Problems unique to the hill areas will be discussed and significant decisions taken at the meeting, he said.
Located between the two regions, Gairsain is an emotive issue with a sizeable section of those who fought for a separate Uttarakhand in favour of the remote place being declared the capital of the state which completes 12 years of its existence this month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory