Meeting at Gairsain to boost uplift of hill areas: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Thursday said the cabinet meeting being held at Gairsain on Saturday is aimed at giving a boost to development activities in the hill areas of the state.
Bahuguna said the cabinet meeting at Gairsain was another step towards achieving the goal of equitable development of Kumaon and Garhwal regions and asked the opposition not to indulge in petty politics over an issue related to people`s sentiment.
The chief minister was talking to a delegation of Uttarakhand Rajya Andolankari Manch which called on him to commend the move and hand him a charter of demands through a memorandum.
Problems unique to the hill areas will be discussed and significant decisions taken at the meeting, he said.
Located between the two regions, Gairsain is an emotive issue with a sizeable section of those who fought for a separate Uttarakhand in favour of the remote place being declared the capital of the state which completes 12 years of its existence this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!