Members of UKD stage protest in Kotdwara
Kotdwara: Pressing on their demand to make
Gairsain as the permanent capital of Uttarakhand, members of
Uttarakhand Kranti Dal staged a dharna on the railway line to
temporarily stop the train services .
Despite being an ally of the state government, UKD is
protesting against the `government`s delay` to declare
Gairsain as the permanent capital.
Since Uttarakhand was carved out of Uttar Pradesh as a
separate state, the UKD, a key regional party, has
vociferously raised the demand for making Gairsain its
Activists of UKD also organised a rally in Pauri and
demanded restoring works on hydroelectricity projects in the
The recent decision of the central government to stop
works on hydroelectric projects on the rivers of Uttarakhand,
an eco-sensitive zone is opposed by UKD.
Senior leader of UKD Kashi Singh Airy said the move to
stop the work on hydroelectricity projects has made the youth
unemployed as power production is the chief resource of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'