Mild intensity earthquake hits N India
New Delhi: Mild earthquake tremors were felt across many regions of North India on Monday.
The epicentre of the quake was near Chamoli in Uttarakhand and the intensity, as per preliminary reports was 4.9 on the Richter scale. The epicentre was about 130 km northeast of Dehradun and 303 km from New Delhi.
Besides Uttarakhand, tremors were felt in Saharanpur, Meerut, Shimla and as far as Ghaziabad near Delhi.
As per the US Geological Survey, the earthquake hit at 11:57:18 am IST, at a depth of 13.1 km from surface level.
Earlier on April 4 this year, an earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale and with epicentre in Nepal had shook parts of north India, including Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!