Mild intensity earthquake hits N India
New Delhi: Mild earthquake tremors were felt across many regions of North India on Monday.
The epicentre of the quake was near Chamoli in Uttarakhand and the intensity, as per preliminary reports was 4.9 on the Richter scale. The epicentre was about 130 km northeast of Dehradun and 303 km from New Delhi.
Besides Uttarakhand, tremors were felt in Saharanpur, Meerut, Shimla and as far as Ghaziabad near Delhi.
As per the US Geological Survey, the earthquake hit at 11:57:18 am IST, at a depth of 13.1 km from surface level.
Earlier on April 4 this year, an earthquake measuring 5.7 on the Richter scale and with epicentre in Nepal had shook parts of north India, including Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion