Ministerial employees` strike continues in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Undeterred by the enforcement of no work no pay regulation, about 30,000 ministerial employees demanding pay revision continued their strike across Uttarakhand for the 17th day on Saturday affecting work in government offices.
"Such measures (no work no pay) will only strengthen our resolve to fight on for our genuine demands. We will not go back to work until a government order is issued revising our pay scale," Uttarakhand Federation of Ministerial Services Association office bearer Deep Chand Budlakoti told PTI.
He said the ongoing strike by them has got the support of 16 more organisations and they will stage a rally in the city on January 15 in support of their demands including pay revision.
When told that the government has begun to deduct the salaries of striking ministerial employees under the no work no pay regulation, Budlakoti said, "We are absolutely undeterred by the move. On the contrary, it has doubled our determination to go ahead with our stir."
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had appealed to the striking employees on Thursday to end their stir expressing readiness to talk to them.
Assuring them that the government would not let their interest suffer at any cost, Bahuguna had asked them to call off the stir considering the financial condition of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA