Ministerial employees` strike continues in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Undeterred by the enforcement of no work no pay regulation, about 30,000 ministerial employees demanding pay revision continued their strike across Uttarakhand for the 17th day on Saturday affecting work in government offices.
"Such measures (no work no pay) will only strengthen our resolve to fight on for our genuine demands. We will not go back to work until a government order is issued revising our pay scale," Uttarakhand Federation of Ministerial Services Association office bearer Deep Chand Budlakoti told PTI.
He said the ongoing strike by them has got the support of 16 more organisations and they will stage a rally in the city on January 15 in support of their demands including pay revision.
When told that the government has begun to deduct the salaries of striking ministerial employees under the no work no pay regulation, Budlakoti said, "We are absolutely undeterred by the move. On the contrary, it has doubled our determination to go ahead with our stir."
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna had appealed to the striking employees on Thursday to end their stir expressing readiness to talk to them.
Assuring them that the government would not let their interest suffer at any cost, Bahuguna had asked them to call off the stir considering the financial condition of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday