Minor girl raped in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: A minor girl was raped in the city allegedly by a man who lived in the neighbourhood and was known to her, police said here on Friday.
The 14-year-old victim, who studies in class VIII, was taken to a secluded place under some pretext by 21-year-old Naushad last evening and raped, SHO Sahaspur police station Suryabhushan Negi said.
The incident occurred in Manduwala area of the city, he said.
The accused, a labourer, threatened the girl with dire consequences if she disclosed the matter to anyone. However, the girl told her parents about what she had gone through and the matter was reported to police.
The medical examination of the girl has confirmed rape and the man has been arrested, Negi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal