Minor raped and murdered in Dehradun
Dehra Dun: A six-year-old girl was allegedly
raped and murdered by a labourer in Udhamsingh Nagar district,
triggering protest among the locals, police said today.
Shaukat Ali, a labourer, has been arrested in connection
with the case, they said.
The incident happened when the girl went to a shop in
Kashipur area on Saturday evening and did not return. When her
family members failed to trace her, they lodged a complaint in
this regard, they said.
Her body was noticed by some children yesterday at the
bank of Dhela river here, triggering protests among the
residents who gheraoed the local police station demanding
arrest of the accused.
During interrogation, the accused told police that he took
away the girl to a nearby jungle and raped her. Later, he
killed the girl and hid her body near Dhela river, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley