Minor raped and murdered in Dehradun
Dehra Dun: A six-year-old girl was allegedly
raped and murdered by a labourer in Udhamsingh Nagar district,
triggering protest among the locals, police said today.
Shaukat Ali, a labourer, has been arrested in connection
with the case, they said.
The incident happened when the girl went to a shop in
Kashipur area on Saturday evening and did not return. When her
family members failed to trace her, they lodged a complaint in
this regard, they said.
Her body was noticed by some children yesterday at the
bank of Dhela river here, triggering protests among the
residents who gheraoed the local police station demanding
arrest of the accused.
During interrogation, the accused told police that he took
away the girl to a nearby jungle and raped her. Later, he
killed the girl and hid her body near Dhela river, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended