Monsoon arrives in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Light to moderate rains drenched parts of Uttarakhand, including the state capital, with the Met department declaring the arrival of monsoon in the state.
"We have declared the arrival of monsoon to the state," Director of the Met department, Anand Sharma, said.
Picturesque resorts of Mussoorie, Nainital and Almora are among those places receiving rains since morning.
The Met department also predicted overcast sky with moderate to rather heavy rains likely in some hilly areas in the coming two days.
Meanwhile, Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway, which was hit by major landslides at Birahi area of Chamoli district yesterday, has been blocked for vehicular traffic for the consecutive second day today, official sources said.
Police and Border Road Organisation personnel have been deployed to clear the debris and the road is expected to be reopened for traffic by tomorrow, they added.
However, the routes to other three shrines of Kedarnath, Gangotri and Yamunotri are open for vehicular traffic.
- Arizona teen charged for exposing self in school photo
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history