Move to change Uttarakhand CM internal matter, says Congress
New Delhi: Congress has downplayed the change of guard in Uttarakhand where Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna resigned on Friday and said that the decision involved an internal matter of the party.
"We`ve had a good chief minister. We will have another chief minister. You can have two good people. You can have one good person after another," party spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said today.
He was responding to queries as to whether Bahuguna was replaced over problems with his style of functioning.
"Adjustments and relocations are entirely the internal matter of a party," he said.
When reminded that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had emphasised that the party should be transparent, Singhvi hit back saying, "You think we will write to the press about why we are removing the Chief Minister."
"These are internal things. Will you also seek details of internal meetings of the party through RTI?," he added.
Soon after Bahuguna`s resignation, opposition BJP launched an attack on the ruling Congress saying that "superficial changes" at this juncture will not help change the party`s fortunes in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
BJP termed Bahuguna`s ouster the first fall-out from the "factional feud" within the Uttarakhand unit of Congress.
"A change of face at this juncture when Lok Sabha polls are just a few months away will not lead to any change in the party`s fortunes at the hustings," said Ajay Bhatt, the leader of Opposition in the Uttarakhand Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan