Murli Manohar Joshi slams Congress on 2G issue
Dehra Dun: Senior BJP leader and Public
Accounts Committee chairman Murli Manohar Joshi on Sunday accused
the Congress of creating hurdles into the 2G spectrum probe by
The party tried to stop the presentation of the draft
report into the 2G spectrum scam, he alleged but asserted he
would continue the probe and expose the "wrongdoings" of the
When the Parliamentary Committee decided to summon the
Law Secretary, the Cabinet Secretary, the CBI Director and the
then Attorney General, the Congress MPs protested, the PAC
The Congress MPs said there was no need to summon them
as the Joint Parliamentary Committee (JPC) was investigating
the spectrum controversy, he told reporters here.
However, with the intervention of Lok Sabha Speaker
Meira Kumar, the matter was resolved as she clarified that the
PAC and the JPC would work simultaneously, Joshi said.
The statements of the officers could not be recorded
properly as the Congress members created "hurdles" in the
investigations, he said.
Somehow the report was completed but the Congress tried
to stop its presentation, Joshi alleged.
"Since the finger of suspicion was pointed towards the
Prime Minister and the Finance Minister, who kept mum despite
knowing everything related to the 2G spectrum, the Congress
rejected the report," he said.
"The PAC is a constitutional body. How they can reject
its report? If this is the case, tomorrow they can reject laws
enacted by Parliament and orders passed by the Supreme Court,"
"I will continue to probe the matter and expose the
government wherever irregularities are found without coming
under any pressure or fear as it is the right of every citizen
to know how the public money is being used," he said.
Alleging the UPA government at the Centre is the most
corrupt since independence, Joshi said the BJP would continue
to apprise the people about its "misdeeds".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference