Muslims join `Gayatri Parivar` event
Haridwar: A large number of Muslims dressed in their traditional attire poured on to the streets here Sunday at the start of a five-day event aimed at propagating the Hindu `Gayatri Mantra`.
Syed Abdullah Tariq, head of the World Organization of Religion and Knowledge (WORK) - the organisers - said that both the Quran and the `Gayatri Barivar` advocated unity among different religions.
"(We want to show that) harmony can exist even when you practice different religions because every religion teaches you sincerity, brotherhood and sympathy for fellow human beings," he said.
This is not the first time members of WORK have taken part in the function of `Gayatri Pariwar`, the organisers said.
Syed Tariq said "spiritual communism" was the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29