Muslims join `Gayatri Parivar` event
Haridwar: A large number of Muslims dressed in their traditional attire poured on to the streets here Sunday at the start of a five-day event aimed at propagating the Hindu `Gayatri Mantra`.
Syed Abdullah Tariq, head of the World Organization of Religion and Knowledge (WORK) - the organisers - said that both the Quran and the `Gayatri Barivar` advocated unity among different religions.
"(We want to show that) harmony can exist even when you practice different religions because every religion teaches you sincerity, brotherhood and sympathy for fellow human beings," he said.
This is not the first time members of WORK have taken part in the function of `Gayatri Pariwar`, the organisers said.
Syed Tariq said "spiritual communism" was the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security