Muslims join `Gayatri Parivar` event
Haridwar: A large number of Muslims dressed in their traditional attire poured on to the streets here Sunday at the start of a five-day event aimed at propagating the Hindu `Gayatri Mantra`.
Syed Abdullah Tariq, head of the World Organization of Religion and Knowledge (WORK) - the organisers - said that both the Quran and the `Gayatri Barivar` advocated unity among different religions.
"(We want to show that) harmony can exist even when you practice different religions because every religion teaches you sincerity, brotherhood and sympathy for fellow human beings," he said.
This is not the first time members of WORK have taken part in the function of `Gayatri Pariwar`, the organisers said.
Syed Tariq said "spiritual communism" was the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state