Muslims join `Gayatri Parivar` event
Haridwar: A large number of Muslims dressed in their traditional attire poured on to the streets here Sunday at the start of a five-day event aimed at propagating the Hindu `Gayatri Mantra`.
Syed Abdullah Tariq, head of the World Organization of Religion and Knowledge (WORK) - the organisers - said that both the Quran and the `Gayatri Barivar` advocated unity among different religions.
"(We want to show that) harmony can exist even when you practice different religions because every religion teaches you sincerity, brotherhood and sympathy for fellow human beings," he said.
This is not the first time members of WORK have taken part in the function of `Gayatri Pariwar`, the organisers said.
Syed Tariq said "spiritual communism" was the need of the hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?