Muzaffarnagar violence: High alert sounded in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: In the wake of communal tension in Muzaffarnagar in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, a high alert has been sounded across Uttarakhand.
Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has asked the administration and the police force to be vigilant especially in Dehradun, Haridwar and Udhamsingh Nagar districts which border on Uttar Pradesh in view of the volatile situation in Muzaffarnagar, official sources here said today.
Principal Secretary (Home) Omparakash held an emergency meeting with police and transport department officials and asked them to divert the route of Uttarakhand Roadways buses going to Delhi via Paonta Sahib instead of Muzaffarnagar.
He also asked them to divert the routes of Uttarakhand bound buses originating from Delhi in view of the current situation prevailing in Muzaffarnagar, they said.
Twelve people have been killed in violent clashes between members of two communities in Muzaffarnagar where Army today staged a flag march.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price