Muzaffarnagar violence: High alert sounded in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: In the wake of communal tension in Muzaffarnagar in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, a high alert has been sounded across Uttarakhand.
Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has asked the administration and the police force to be vigilant especially in Dehradun, Haridwar and Udhamsingh Nagar districts which border on Uttar Pradesh in view of the volatile situation in Muzaffarnagar, official sources here said today.
Principal Secretary (Home) Omparakash held an emergency meeting with police and transport department officials and asked them to divert the route of Uttarakhand Roadways buses going to Delhi via Paonta Sahib instead of Muzaffarnagar.
He also asked them to divert the routes of Uttarakhand bound buses originating from Delhi in view of the current situation prevailing in Muzaffarnagar, they said.
Twelve people have been killed in violent clashes between members of two communities in Muzaffarnagar where Army today staged a flag march.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS
- Facebook to give more prominence to family and friends, not media