Muzaffarnagar violence: High alert sounded in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: In the wake of communal tension in Muzaffarnagar in neighbouring Uttar Pradesh, a high alert has been sounded across Uttarakhand.
Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar has asked the administration and the police force to be vigilant especially in Dehradun, Haridwar and Udhamsingh Nagar districts which border on Uttar Pradesh in view of the volatile situation in Muzaffarnagar, official sources here said today.
Principal Secretary (Home) Omparakash held an emergency meeting with police and transport department officials and asked them to divert the route of Uttarakhand Roadways buses going to Delhi via Paonta Sahib instead of Muzaffarnagar.
He also asked them to divert the routes of Uttarakhand bound buses originating from Delhi in view of the current situation prevailing in Muzaffarnagar, they said.
Twelve people have been killed in violent clashes between members of two communities in Muzaffarnagar where Army today staged a flag march.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested