Namaz and puja for U`khand flood victims in Kanpur
Kanpur: People from all walks of life are praying together for the safety of Uttarakhand flood victims as namaz and special puja are being performed in mosques and temples in Kanpur respectively.
Citizens have extended their condolences for the deceased with taking out candle-light vigils and praying for peace for the victims.
People of the city are collecting funds for people who are still stuck in the affected areas, while Indian Medical Association (IMA) of the city chapter will send a team of doctors on Saturday night.
Kanpur District Magistrate Avinash Singh said that the city advocates have also collected Rs one lakh and submitted it to him in draft and promised to donate more funds in future.
Head cleric Maulana Alam Raza Nuri said that he has directed to all Imams of the city mosques to pray for the flood victims, who are still stuck in post-flood debris and their safe arrival to home.
He said many relief-camps have been set up in the Muslim-dominated villages and edibles and other necessary items will be sent to the flood-ravaged Uttarakhand through the city DM.
Meanwhile, the traders belonging to Akhil Bharatiya Udyog Vyapar Mandal have set up two camps in Collector Ganj market area where biscuits, flour packets, mineral water bottles, medicines and other necessary items are being collected by them.
A truck with the relief-material from these camps will be headed for Uttarakhand tonight, a trader said.
Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) national spokesperson Praksh Sharma told PTI that the local teams of VHP in Haridwar and Dehradun are taking part rescue operations.
Officials of the Commercial Tax Department have also decided to donate their one-day salary for the flood victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir