Narrow escape from landslide for Nishank in Uttarkashi
Uttarakashi: Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Wednesday had a narrow escape from a landslide at Netali Maneri marg here, a senior official said.
According to district magistrate Pankaj Pandey, the BJP leader and his supporters, who were walking down the area affected by landslips, are safe.
Nishank had gone to take stock of the situation in rain affected areas of Didsari, Ongi, Bhatukasol and Maneri, party sources said, adding he was travelling on foot as the roads were broken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe
- Virat Kohli: Homework was a 'big headache'
- Three more Indian athletes qualify for Rio Olympics
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore