Narrow escape from landslide for Nishank in Uttarkashi
Uttarakashi: Former Uttarakhand chief minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Wednesday had a narrow escape from a landslide at Netali Maneri marg here, a senior official said.
According to district magistrate Pankaj Pandey, the BJP leader and his supporters, who were walking down the area affected by landslips, are safe.
Nishank had gone to take stock of the situation in rain affected areas of Didsari, Ongi, Bhatukasol and Maneri, party sources said, adding he was travelling on foot as the roads were broken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- These pretty Bollywood ‘mermaids’ sizzled in the pristine beaches of Goa – Pics inside
- Newly elected AIADMK MLA SM Seenivel passes away, hours before oath-taking ceremony
- UBSE / UEEB 10th Results 2016: Uttarakhand / Uttaranchal (UK) Board Class 10th Exam Results 2016 to be declared soon
- BoI net loss soars to Rs 3,567 cr as bad loans bite
- NEET: No end to row; now, ordinance to be challenged in Supreme Court