National food security scheme to be implemented from June 30 in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has issued orders for completion of all formalities related to effective implementation of National Food Security scheme in the state from June 30.
All the bottlenecks in distribution of ration cards under the scheme should be removed within a week and nodal officers for the purpose be appointed so that the drive could be expedited, Rawat told officials at a review meeting of the Food and Civil Supplies department here yesterday.
Arrangements should be made for storage of adequate foodgrains in the hills to ensure that villages on char dham yatra route do not suffer from shortage of food during monsoon, he said.
Claiming that the national food security scheme will benefit 61.94 lakh people of the state, Rawat said those not covered under the ambit of the scheme will get foodgrains under the state foodgrains scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months