National food security scheme to be implemented from June 30 in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat has issued orders for completion of all formalities related to effective implementation of National Food Security scheme in the state from June 30.
All the bottlenecks in distribution of ration cards under the scheme should be removed within a week and nodal officers for the purpose be appointed so that the drive could be expedited, Rawat told officials at a review meeting of the Food and Civil Supplies department here yesterday.
Arrangements should be made for storage of adequate foodgrains in the hills to ensure that villages on char dham yatra route do not suffer from shortage of food during monsoon, he said.
Claiming that the national food security scheme will benefit 61.94 lakh people of the state, Rawat said those not covered under the ambit of the scheme will get foodgrains under the state foodgrains scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah