ND Tiwari slams Uttarakhand govt for not ordering
Dehradun: Former Uttarakhand Chief Minister ND Tiwari on Sunday criticised the state government for not ordering a judicial probe into his charges that he was given overdose of sleeping pills for many years as part of a conspiracy.
"No judiciary enquiry was ordered to probe the matter in which my OSD had been giving me overdose of sleeping pills to ruin my health as a part of conspiracy," he said in a message conveyed from Lucknow.
The former chief minister said he was given pills every day, but now he is in sound health and will thank the doctors for their medical assistance.
"The government also took away the security given to my officer on special duty," Tiwari said.
In October last year, police had started a probe into Tiwari`s claim that he was given sleeping pills for several years as part of a conspiracy.
Tiwari also alleged that for the past six months, the Uttarakhand government has discontinued the fuel allowance for which he is entitled to as a former Chief Minister.
He claimed that through some state government officers, he has come to know that the allowance was stopped on an instruction by the Chief Minister.
Tiwari, however, alleged nobody is ready to speak officially over the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why