New entry gate to Corbett park at Kotdwar
Dehra Dun: With the latest census showing healthy population of big cats at the Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand government has decided to set up a new entry gate at Kotdwar to give a boost to wildlife tourism, the state Assembly was told on Monday.
Replying to a question in the House, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Prakash Pant said work has already been started to open the new entry gate at Kotdwar in Pauri Garhwal district at a cost of Rs 1.40 crore and the government intends to open it for tourists by November 15 this year when the season for wildlife tourism begins.
Construction of a reception centre, repair of roads, modernisation of Lansedowne forest division, construction of a safety wall, beautification work and other facilities would be developed at Kotdwar as it has been done at Ramnagar entry point in Nainital district, Pant added.
Jim Corbett National Park, which is known for having one of the healthiest population of tigers, attracts lakhs of tourists and wildlife lovers every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- 'ISIS letter' in Varanasi challenges Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath to stop mayhem on March 24