Newly-wed bride commits suicide in Dehradun
Dehradun: A newly-wed bride on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide in Karnaprayag area of Chamoli district by hanging herself from a tree near her in-laws` place.
The body of 23-year-old Manju was found hanging from the tree by the residents of Dua village, officials said.
The reason why the girl took the extreme step is being found out, they said.
She was married to one Subhash Singh of the village only three months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?