Newly-wed bride commits suicide in Dehradun
Dehradun: A newly-wed bride on Wednesday allegedly committed suicide in Karnaprayag area of Chamoli district by hanging herself from a tree near her in-laws` place.
The body of 23-year-old Manju was found hanging from the tree by the residents of Dua village, officials said.
The reason why the girl took the extreme step is being found out, they said.
She was married to one Subhash Singh of the village only three months ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Say goodbye to your acidity woes with these ten simple tips!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital