Nigamananda case: No criminal conspiracy, says CBI
Dehradun: The CBI has ruled out any criminal
conspiracy in the death of Swami Nigamananda during his hunger
strike in Haridwar against illegal mining in Ganga riverbed,
as it filed a closure report in special court here on Wednesday.
The viscera analysis report from the Central Forensic
Science Laboratory (CFSL) had ruled out poisoning of the Swami
who died in June at a Dehradun hospital after a two-month-long
It was alleged in the police complaint that the 36-year
old seer of Haridwar-based Matri Sadan Ashram was poisoned on
April 30 during his treatment at Haridwar District hospital by
the then Chief Medical Superintendent in collusion with a
stone crusher firm.
Based on the CFSL report and its investigation, CBI today
filed a closure report at a special court here.
Nigamananda who was fasting against the orders of
Uttarakhand High Court for nearly two months was admitted at
Haridwar District Hospital and was transferred to Himalayan
Institute Hospital, Dehradun where he died on June 13.
The CBI took over probe in the case on August 18 and
carried out detailed investigations during which the agency
interrogated all suspects including the hospital staff, their
contacts and also carried out viscera analysis.
The agency took opinion of doctors at All India Institute
of Medical Sciences and came to the conclusion that there was
no conspiracy to kill the Swami.
"The chemical analysis of the viscera did not detect any
poison including Organo phosphorous poison," CBI spokesperson
Dharini Mishra said in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know