Nigamananda case: No criminal conspiracy, says CBI
Dehradun: The CBI has ruled out any criminal
conspiracy in the death of Swami Nigamananda during his hunger
strike in Haridwar against illegal mining in Ganga riverbed,
as it filed a closure report in special court here on Wednesday.
The viscera analysis report from the Central Forensic
Science Laboratory (CFSL) had ruled out poisoning of the Swami
who died in June at a Dehradun hospital after a two-month-long
It was alleged in the police complaint that the 36-year
old seer of Haridwar-based Matri Sadan Ashram was poisoned on
April 30 during his treatment at Haridwar District hospital by
the then Chief Medical Superintendent in collusion with a
stone crusher firm.
Based on the CFSL report and its investigation, CBI today
filed a closure report at a special court here.
Nigamananda who was fasting against the orders of
Uttarakhand High Court for nearly two months was admitted at
Haridwar District Hospital and was transferred to Himalayan
Institute Hospital, Dehradun where he died on June 13.
The CBI took over probe in the case on August 18 and
carried out detailed investigations during which the agency
interrogated all suspects including the hospital staff, their
contacts and also carried out viscera analysis.
The agency took opinion of doctors at All India Institute
of Medical Sciences and came to the conclusion that there was
no conspiracy to kill the Swami.
"The chemical analysis of the viscera did not detect any
poison including Organo phosphorous poison," CBI spokesperson
Dharini Mishra said in Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof