Nine PWD officials suspended in U`khand on corruption charges
Dehradun: Nine PWD officials in Uttarakhand, including six engineers, have been suspended for allegedly violating the norms by favouring an executing agency engaged in a road repair project, officials said on Wednesday.
The suspension orders were issued yesterday on the basis of the findings of a government-appointed committee looking into the matter, they said.
The committee found that PWD Superintending Engineer Vishnu Kumar Sharma and eight other officials of the department allegedly misappropriated Rs 8.32 crore released for the widening and repair of Bageshwar-Kapkot-Song road in Bageshwar district in 2009.
The report of the panel said that these officials had allegedly awarded a tender to a construction company to work on the project in violation of the norms to financially benefit the company, they said.
The state Home department has also been directed to lodge an FIR and take stern action against the company named S N Construction based in Kotdwar, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH