Nishank congratulates all for successful conduct of Mahakumbh
Dehra Dun: The Kumbh mela here, which began on January 14 on the occasion of Makar Sankranti, would end Friday.
Describing the three-and-a-half-month-long mela as "unprecedented", Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank Thursday said pilgrims from nearly 140 countries had taken a dip in the river Ganga.
He congratulated pilgrims, seers and officials for the successful conduct of the mela and said that all the eleven baths, including the one yesterday on the occasion of Baishakh
Purnima, passed off peacefully.
He also thanked over 20,000 security personnel and municipal employees for making the mela a success.
Over five crore pilgrims took bath during the Mahakumbh, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress