Nishank congratulates all for successful conduct of Mahakumbh
Dehra Dun: The Kumbh mela here, which began on January 14 on the occasion of Makar Sankranti, would end Friday.
Describing the three-and-a-half-month-long mela as "unprecedented", Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank Thursday said pilgrims from nearly 140 countries had taken a dip in the river Ganga.
He congratulated pilgrims, seers and officials for the successful conduct of the mela and said that all the eleven baths, including the one yesterday on the occasion of Baishakh
Purnima, passed off peacefully.
He also thanked over 20,000 security personnel and municipal employees for making the mela a success.
Over five crore pilgrims took bath during the Mahakumbh, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensex reclaims 27,000-mark, zooms over 250 points as voting begins in Britain's EU referendum
- Man Utd legend Paul Scholes to play at the Premier Futsal league in India
- EPL: Leicester striker Jamie Vardy agrees new contract with Premier League champions
- Govt mulls converting unused airports into SEZs
- India's NSG membership to be discussed at special session in Seoul tonight