Nishank congratulates all for successful conduct of Mahakumbh
Dehra Dun: The Kumbh mela here, which began on January 14 on the occasion of Makar Sankranti, would end Friday.
Describing the three-and-a-half-month-long mela as "unprecedented", Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank Thursday said pilgrims from nearly 140 countries had taken a dip in the river Ganga.
He congratulated pilgrims, seers and officials for the successful conduct of the mela and said that all the eleven baths, including the one yesterday on the occasion of Baishakh
Purnima, passed off peacefully.
He also thanked over 20,000 security personnel and municipal employees for making the mela a success.
Over five crore pilgrims took bath during the Mahakumbh, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack