Nishank emphasises on awareness to end animal sacrifice
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhriyal Nishank today stressed on the need to create
awareness to end the menace of animal sacrifice in the state.
"This matter (animal sacrifice) pertains to both the law
as well as the people`s faith. So, there is need for spreading
awareness in the minds of the people," Nishank said while
speaking to a group of school children here.
The children, who met the chief minister, wanted the
government to put an end to the centuries old social evil of
animal sacrifice in the state.
Speaking on the steps taken by the state government on
the issue Nishank added that the government has already put a
ban on cow slaughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores