Nishank emphasises on awareness to end animal sacrifice
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhriyal Nishank today stressed on the need to create
awareness to end the menace of animal sacrifice in the state.
"This matter (animal sacrifice) pertains to both the law
as well as the people`s faith. So, there is need for spreading
awareness in the minds of the people," Nishank said while
speaking to a group of school children here.
The children, who met the chief minister, wanted the
government to put an end to the centuries old social evil of
animal sacrifice in the state.
Speaking on the steps taken by the state government on
the issue Nishank added that the government has already put a
ban on cow slaughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list