Nishank increases various allowances, funds for police
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government on Wednesday
announced an increase of up to Rs 150 per month in nutritional
food allowances of police personnel.
After paying tributes to the policemen who laid their
lives during a parade on Police Commemoration Day, Chief
Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank said constables and head
constables would now get Rs 700 per month as nutritional food
Police officials from the rank of Assistant Sub-Inspector
to Assistant Superintendent of Police would get Rs 550 per
month and fourth class employees Rs 600 per month, Nishank
Besides, the Chief Minister also increased the motorcycle
allowance of constable and head constable to Rs 350 per month
from the existing Rs 50 per month.
He also increased the police welfare fund to Rs one crore
from Rs 25 lakh and police sports fund to Rs one crore from
the existing Rs 10 lakh.
Nishank announced that the amount of immediate assistance
meant for injured policemen on duty has been increased to Rs
20,000 from Rs 5,000.
Director General of Police Subhash Joshi said a total of
15 policemen had sacrificed their lives in the line of duty
in the period September 1, 2008 to August 31, 2009.
The state has accommodated 66 dependents of policemen who
died of disease or accident in the past one year and the
department has also covered all non-gazetted policemen by
accident insurance scheme, Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor