Nishank increases various allowances, funds for police
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government on Wednesday
announced an increase of up to Rs 150 per month in nutritional
food allowances of police personnel.
After paying tributes to the policemen who laid their
lives during a parade on Police Commemoration Day, Chief
Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank said constables and head
constables would now get Rs 700 per month as nutritional food
Police officials from the rank of Assistant Sub-Inspector
to Assistant Superintendent of Police would get Rs 550 per
month and fourth class employees Rs 600 per month, Nishank
Besides, the Chief Minister also increased the motorcycle
allowance of constable and head constable to Rs 350 per month
from the existing Rs 50 per month.
He also increased the police welfare fund to Rs one crore
from Rs 25 lakh and police sports fund to Rs one crore from
the existing Rs 10 lakh.
Nishank announced that the amount of immediate assistance
meant for injured policemen on duty has been increased to Rs
20,000 from Rs 5,000.
Director General of Police Subhash Joshi said a total of
15 policemen had sacrificed their lives in the line of duty
in the period September 1, 2008 to August 31, 2009.
The state has accommodated 66 dependents of policemen who
died of disease or accident in the past one year and the
department has also covered all non-gazetted policemen by
accident insurance scheme, Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician