Nishank to continue as U`khand CM: Gadkari
Dehra Dun: Putting at rest the speculations regarding change of guard in Uttarakhand, BJP President Nitin Gadkari on Friday said Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank
would continue to head the state government.
"The state government is working fine and it would continue to do that in future under the leadership of Nishank," Gadkari told reporters here.
There were speculations that the BJP high command might go for another change of guard in Uttarakhand before the next Assembly elections in 2012 following allegations of
irregularities in allotment of hydropower projects and Citurgia land scam of Rishikesh.
However, when asked, Gadkari termed these allegations as "baseless" and claimed that he himself had seen the papers relating to these two issues and found "everything right".
BJP replaced Maj Gen (retd) BC Khanduri with Nishank as Chief Minister only last year following its debacle in Lok Sabha elections.
"The Nishank government has launched several developmental schemes and also prepared several others which would be executed later," he said.
Gadkari held a meeting with state ministers last night during which he was apprised of the various schemes to be launched in the state in sectors like religious tourism, power and infrastructure.
An independent statutory body has been set up to probe scams during the previous N D Tiwari-led Congress government and bring the guilty to the books, Gadkari added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video