Nishank witness to unsavoury incident
Haridwar: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhriyal Nishank was witness to an unsavoury incident today
when members of a saffron outfit and supporters of yoga guru
Baba Ramdev exchanged heated words in full public view.
The verbal duel lasting nearly 20 minutes, during which
the Chief Minister kept mum, took place during inauguration of
the Haridwar Mahotsva here.
Gyan Das, head of the Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad, an
apex body of sadhus, took exception to the presence of Acharya
Balkrishan, a close associate of Baba Ramdev, on the dais.
He asked the organisers to give him a seat in back rows,
said eye-witnesses and supporters of rival camps.
This infuriated Ramdev`s followers who chanted slogans
against Das, they said adding Parishad activists retaliated
and the uproar continued for nearly 2O minutes.
When some took exception to the behaviour of Das, he
said he would quit ABAP on November 10.
Das had demanded an apology from Baba Ramdev for taking
part in a recent congregation of Muslims at Deoband where the
"Vande Matram" controversy erupted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says