Nishank witness to unsavoury incident
Haridwar: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhriyal Nishank was witness to an unsavoury incident today
when members of a saffron outfit and supporters of yoga guru
Baba Ramdev exchanged heated words in full public view.
The verbal duel lasting nearly 20 minutes, during which
the Chief Minister kept mum, took place during inauguration of
the Haridwar Mahotsva here.
Gyan Das, head of the Akhil Bhartiya Akhara Parishad, an
apex body of sadhus, took exception to the presence of Acharya
Balkrishan, a close associate of Baba Ramdev, on the dais.
He asked the organisers to give him a seat in back rows,
said eye-witnesses and supporters of rival camps.
This infuriated Ramdev`s followers who chanted slogans
against Das, they said adding Parishad activists retaliated
and the uproar continued for nearly 2O minutes.
When some took exception to the behaviour of Das, he
said he would quit ABAP on November 10.
Das had demanded an apology from Baba Ramdev for taking
part in a recent congregation of Muslims at Deoband where the
"Vande Matram" controversy erupted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Man held for raping 5-year-old girl, torturing 2-yr old sibling
- BSP workers abusing Dayashankar's wife, daughter: BJP
- Kabali movie review: Rajinikanth is the driving force in this otherwise trite tale!
- AN-32 aircraft with 29 aboard missing; Indian Air Force intensifies search operation
- Milo Yiannopoulos Twitter ban: WikiLeaks threatens to start its own micro-blogging service