NIT to be set up in Sumari, Pauri: Bahuguna
Dehradun: A National Institute of Technology (NIT) would soon be set up in Sumari area of Pauri district, Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna has said.
Bahuguna told a delegation of Sumari residents, led by MLA Ganesh Godiyal, that appropriate land is being identified for the purpose, an official release said here.
The residents have been on a dharna for the last 90 days over their demand of setting up an NIT in Sumari.
Principal Secretary, technical education, Rakesh Sharma also handed over to Godiyal a letter in this regard.
Bahuguna asked the MLA to ask the agitating residents to end their stir as there should be no doubts about setting up of an NIT at Sumari.
He said the Centre has already provided its approval in principle and Rs 100 crore have already been sanctioned for the purpose.
The Chief Minister said Commissioner of Garhwal and the Pauri District Magistrate have been asked to identify land for setting up the institute. He expressed hope that all formalities in this regard would be completed within a period of three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country