Nitish Kumar telephones Vijay Bahuguna over Uttarakhand floods
Patna: With hundreds of pilgrims dead and scores others missing in flood and landslides in Uttarakhand, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday talked to his counterpart in the Himalayan state to express solidarity.
"In this hour of tragedy, we all are with you," Kumar told Uttarakhand CM Vijay Bahuguna over telephone.
He expressed deep concern over loss of lives and properties in the calamity.
The Bihar CM discussed the issue of pilgrims from Bihar trapped their and urged all assistance for their safe return, an official statement said here.
Over three hundred devotees from Bihar are believed to be still trapped in Uttarakhand and many others losing their lives there.
Former state health minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey managed to escape death at Kedarnath with his wife and children while two of his kins, bodyguard and personal assistant remain traceless are and feared killed.
The CM held a high-level meeting on the Uttarakhand natural calamity yesterday and announced Rs 2 lakh compensation to the families of the dead from the state. He has also ordered to send a team of officers to coordinate relief of pilgrims from the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in