Nitish Kumar telephones Vijay Bahuguna over Uttarakhand floods
Patna: With hundreds of pilgrims dead and scores others missing in flood and landslides in Uttarakhand, Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday talked to his counterpart in the Himalayan state to express solidarity.
"In this hour of tragedy, we all are with you," Kumar told Uttarakhand CM Vijay Bahuguna over telephone.
He expressed deep concern over loss of lives and properties in the calamity.
The Bihar CM discussed the issue of pilgrims from Bihar trapped their and urged all assistance for their safe return, an official statement said here.
Over three hundred devotees from Bihar are believed to be still trapped in Uttarakhand and many others losing their lives there.
Former state health minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey managed to escape death at Kedarnath with his wife and children while two of his kins, bodyguard and personal assistant remain traceless are and feared killed.
The CM held a high-level meeting on the Uttarakhand natural calamity yesterday and announced Rs 2 lakh compensation to the families of the dead from the state. He has also ordered to send a team of officers to coordinate relief of pilgrims from the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy