No change of guard in Uttarakhand `as of now`: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to scotch speculation of change of guard in party-ruled Uttarakhand, saying "there is nothing like that on the agenda as of now".
To a question if there was any plan to replace Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, party spokesperson P C Chacko indicated that there was nothing like that "as of now".
There have been intense speculation about the probable shifting of Bahuguna, who had faced Opposition ire over alleged mishandling of the devastating flash floods at Kedarnath.
Chacko, rather, praised Bahuguna for "most efficiently" handling the "worst tragedy due to floods" asking, "Do you change the Chief Minister for that?"
On whether he was ruling out change of guard in the hill state, he said, "How can I do that? I am not going to predict who will be there tomorrow...As of now there is nothing like that on the agenda."
A section of Congress in the state led by Union Minister Harish Rawat had earlier strongly opposed to Bahuguna`s appointment as Chief Minister of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports
- 25 injured in fresh clashes in Kashmir, death toll rises to 68