No change of guard in Uttarakhand `as of now`: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to scotch speculation of change of guard in party-ruled Uttarakhand, saying "there is nothing like that on the agenda as of now".
To a question if there was any plan to replace Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, party spokesperson P C Chacko indicated that there was nothing like that "as of now".
There have been intense speculation about the probable shifting of Bahuguna, who had faced Opposition ire over alleged mishandling of the devastating flash floods at Kedarnath.
Chacko, rather, praised Bahuguna for "most efficiently" handling the "worst tragedy due to floods" asking, "Do you change the Chief Minister for that?"
On whether he was ruling out change of guard in the hill state, he said, "How can I do that? I am not going to predict who will be there tomorrow...As of now there is nothing like that on the agenda."
A section of Congress in the state led by Union Minister Harish Rawat had earlier strongly opposed to Bahuguna`s appointment as Chief Minister of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hearing test may identify infants with autism risk
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur