No change of guard in Uttarakhand `as of now`: Congress
New Delhi: Congress on Monday sought to scotch speculation of change of guard in party-ruled Uttarakhand, saying "there is nothing like that on the agenda as of now".
To a question if there was any plan to replace Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna, party spokesperson P C Chacko indicated that there was nothing like that "as of now".
There have been intense speculation about the probable shifting of Bahuguna, who had faced Opposition ire over alleged mishandling of the devastating flash floods at Kedarnath.
Chacko, rather, praised Bahuguna for "most efficiently" handling the "worst tragedy due to floods" asking, "Do you change the Chief Minister for that?"
On whether he was ruling out change of guard in the hill state, he said, "How can I do that? I am not going to predict who will be there tomorrow...As of now there is nothing like that on the agenda."
A section of Congress in the state led by Union Minister Harish Rawat had earlier strongly opposed to Bahuguna`s appointment as Chief Minister of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing