No increase in ministerial level posts: Bahuguna
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand chief minister Vijay Bahuguna today ruled out increasing the ministerial-level posts in the state beyond the current numbers.
"Well, these (ministerial-level) posts will remain between 30-40. I am not going to follow the examples set by Tiwari or Nishank," Bahuguna told reporters here amid lobbying by party MLAs and leaders to bag the plum posts.
Bahuguna, however, said he would soon be filling some top posts like heads of Haj committee and women commissions.
When quizzed about the alleged scandals of the previous BJP government, Bahuguna said the inquiry commission report would be ready by October-November.
"We have instituted an inquiry commission on alleged scandals of the previous government. The report will be ready by October-November," the chief minister said.
However, he indicated that the question of handing over the inquiry to CBI would only come when the commission would submit its final report.
"I don`t want to be vindictive. But legal action will be initiated when the report comes," Bahuguna said.
The state government had in April set up a one-man commission headed by K L Bhatti, a retired IAS officer, to probe a series of alleged scams during the BJP government.
The chief minister also said before the model code of conduct comes into effect due to the coming Tehri Lok Sabha bypolls, he would start reviewing the performance of various departments.
"I am not a headmaster who will monitor the work of my ministers but certainly I would like to assess what is happening in various departments," Bahuguna said.
He said he would start reviewing the spending of each department from July 26 and prepare a report card.
Bahuguna also thanked the centre for giving special assistance of Rs 1,500 crore.
"I am also holding discussions on how can we spend this Rs 1,500 crore. Out of this, Rs 800 crore is meant for building new infrastructure projects like roads and bridges," Bahuguna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!