No increase in ministerial level posts: Bahuguna
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand chief minister Vijay Bahuguna today ruled out increasing the ministerial-level posts in the state beyond the current numbers.
"Well, these (ministerial-level) posts will remain between 30-40. I am not going to follow the examples set by Tiwari or Nishank," Bahuguna told reporters here amid lobbying by party MLAs and leaders to bag the plum posts.
Bahuguna, however, said he would soon be filling some top posts like heads of Haj committee and women commissions.
When quizzed about the alleged scandals of the previous BJP government, Bahuguna said the inquiry commission report would be ready by October-November.
"We have instituted an inquiry commission on alleged scandals of the previous government. The report will be ready by October-November," the chief minister said.
However, he indicated that the question of handing over the inquiry to CBI would only come when the commission would submit its final report.
"I don`t want to be vindictive. But legal action will be initiated when the report comes," Bahuguna said.
The state government had in April set up a one-man commission headed by K L Bhatti, a retired IAS officer, to probe a series of alleged scams during the BJP government.
The chief minister also said before the model code of conduct comes into effect due to the coming Tehri Lok Sabha bypolls, he would start reviewing the performance of various departments.
"I am not a headmaster who will monitor the work of my ministers but certainly I would like to assess what is happening in various departments," Bahuguna said.
He said he would start reviewing the spending of each department from July 26 and prepare a report card.
Bahuguna also thanked the centre for giving special assistance of Rs 1,500 crore.
"I am also holding discussions on how can we spend this Rs 1,500 crore. Out of this, Rs 800 crore is meant for building new infrastructure projects like roads and bridges," Bahuguna said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY