No instability for Cong govt in Uttarakhand: Rawat
New Delhi: Union Minister Harish Rawat on Tuesday said there is no "instability" for the Congress government in Uttarakhand led by Vijay Bahuguna and it would "comfortably" complete its five year term.
"There is no instability for the Congress government led by Vijay Bahuguna in Uttarakhand...It will comfortably complete its five year term," Rawat told PTI on the sidelines of an Agriculture function here.
On reports of chances of BJP stalwart and former chief minister B C Khanduri contesting against Bahuguna and fate of the government if he (Bahuguna) losses, he said, "Let anybody contest against Bahuguna, he will win."
As per rules, Bahuguna, who is presently an MP, has to win assembly election within six months from March 13, when he became the CM.
There has been reports of Khanduri or some other strong BJP leader contesting against Bahuguna to provide government formation chance to the saffron party which has 31 MLAs, only one short of Congress in the 70-member Uttarakhand assembly.
About his role, Rawat, said as a dedicated party member he is extending all help for smooth running of the government there.
Rawat, Congress Lok Sabha member from Haridwar and Union Minister of State for Agriculture in the UPA government at the Centre, had delayed formation of the Congress government in the hill state by raising a banner of revolt over the party ignoring him for the chief ministerial post and favouring Vijay Bahuguna.
He had relented only after many of his supporters were accommodated in the government and others given important position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo