No instability for Cong govt in Uttarakhand: Rawat
New Delhi: Union Minister Harish Rawat on Tuesday said there is no "instability" for the Congress government in Uttarakhand led by Vijay Bahuguna and it would "comfortably" complete its five year term.
"There is no instability for the Congress government led by Vijay Bahuguna in Uttarakhand...It will comfortably complete its five year term," Rawat told PTI on the sidelines of an Agriculture function here.
On reports of chances of BJP stalwart and former chief minister B C Khanduri contesting against Bahuguna and fate of the government if he (Bahuguna) losses, he said, "Let anybody contest against Bahuguna, he will win."
As per rules, Bahuguna, who is presently an MP, has to win assembly election within six months from March 13, when he became the CM.
There has been reports of Khanduri or some other strong BJP leader contesting against Bahuguna to provide government formation chance to the saffron party which has 31 MLAs, only one short of Congress in the 70-member Uttarakhand assembly.
About his role, Rawat, said as a dedicated party member he is extending all help for smooth running of the government there.
Rawat, Congress Lok Sabha member from Haridwar and Union Minister of State for Agriculture in the UPA government at the Centre, had delayed formation of the Congress government in the hill state by raising a banner of revolt over the party ignoring him for the chief ministerial post and favouring Vijay Bahuguna.
He had relented only after many of his supporters were accommodated in the government and others given important position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray