‘No revolt in party over Bahuguna`s choice as CM’
New Delhi: Congress Wednesday ruled out differences within its ranks on the party`s decision to appoint Vijay Bahuguna as Chief Minister of Uttarakhand and said there is "no revolt" on the issue and the government in the hill state will function normally.
Admitting that there are "minor issues", Congress
spokesperson Rashid Alvi said it is not mandatory for all the
MLAs to be present during the swearing in of a Chief Minister.
"There is no revolt or a big problem there which is being
hyped there by media... I can assure you that everything is
normal in the party. Vijay Bahuguna is Chief Minister of
Uttarakhand and his government will function normally," Alvi
told reporters outside Parliament.
He was asked whether everything is normal with the party
"There is no difference in the party and this is an
internal matter of the party. It is not mandatory for all the
MLAs to be present during the swearing in of a Chief
Minister," he said.
Blaming media for creating hype over the issue, he said,
"This is being hyped by media. There are minor issues that
happen in a party and all these issues can be sorted out
mutually. There is nothing to worry in it."
When asked why Harish Rawat- who had expressed his
displeasure after being sidelined by the party leadership for
the post of Chief Ministership of the state- is not attending
the Budget Session of Parliament, Alvi said, "He must be busy
with something. He will come to Parliament soon."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...