No role of Ramdev in party`s ticket distribution: BJP
Dehradun: The BJP on Wednesday refuted media reports about Ramdev pitching for his own favourites to be fielded by the saffron party in the Lok Sabha polls, saying the yoga guru had nothing to do with party`s ticket distribution process.
"Baba Ramdev is a nationalist whose heart beats for the country. He has nothing to do with the ticket distribution process in the BJP," party in-charge for Uttarakhand Radhamohan Singh told reporters here.
Terming such reports carried in a section of the media as absolutely unfounded, Singh who is also a party MP said the yoga guru never pitched for a BJP ticket to anyone.
Of late there were reports in a section of the media that Ramdev wanted some of his chosen favourites to be fielded by the party in the Lok Sabha polls.
To a question about senior party leader Bacchi Singh Rawat resigning from all party posts in protest against his name being dropped from a shortlist of probables for Nainital seat, Singh said he will soon be entrusted with the task of poll management in all five Lok Sabha seats in the hill state.
Singh said he had held a meeting with BJP nominees from the five Lok Sabha seats and was confident of a clean sweep by the party.
"People are tired with the Congress and Modi wave is sweeping Uttarakhand as the rest of the country. We will wrest all the seats from the Congress this time," he said.
Asked whether changing the Chief Minister in Uttarakhand could brighten the Congress` polls prospects, Singh said mere promises and announcements will not do.
"People are looking for concrete work on the ground. Ever since Harish Rawat took over as the new CM he has done nothing except making one announcement after another," Singh, who represents the East Champaran seat in the Lok Sabha, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?