No-trust motion against Uttarakhand government
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand Assembly will on Tuesday take up a no-confidence motion against the Harish Rawat-led Congress government in the state.
The motion moved by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) would be debated on and the ruling party has issued a whip to all its legislators to be present during the Assembly proceedings.
The no-trust motion comes against the backdrop of the non-distribution of portfolios by the chief minister.
The Congress has 33 members in the 70-member house, while the BJP has 30 legislators. The Congress government survived on a razor thin majority due to the support of seven legislators - three from the Bahujan Samaj Party, and one from Uttarakhand Kranti Dal and three Independents.
Rawat took over as the state`s chief minister after Vijay Bahuguna was shown the door, allegedly because the party found his work unsatisfactory, especially in the rehabilitation of those hit by the June 2012 flash floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside