No VIPs or VVIPs at main ghat please: Kumbh officials
Haridwar: VIPs and VVIPs wanting to take the
holy bath at the historical `Har Ki Pauri` ghat during the
Maha Kumbh here will have to do so like the common man, sans
their gun totting commandos or protocol directives.
According to the Mela officials, letters have been sent
to the Central government and all state government`s telling
them that no VIP or VVIP `snan` (bath), with the security
paraphernalia and other privileges, would be allowed at the
main bathing ghat on any of the `snan` days.
"We have already sent letters to all state governments and
the Centre, telling them that VIP or VVIPS wanting to take
bath will have to undertake `snan` at the bathing ghats,
especially `Har Ki Pauri`, without any special arrangements,"
Chief Mela Officer Anand Bardhan said.
He said the step was taken because during the bathing
dates, especially on February 12 when the `shahi snan` would
take place for `Maha Shivaratri` besides February 15 - Somvati
Amavasi Snan and April 14 - Mesha Sankranti Snan, providing
security to VIPs and following protocol would create
additional pressure on the administration.
Keeping this in mind, the administration has made a VIP
ghat, where even the Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
took his `snan` in the wee hours of January 15, just before
the solar eclipse.
The VIP ghat can be used only after proper passes are
issued by the local administration and is meant to cater to
the judges, senior bureaucrats, politicians and governors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?