No VIPs or VVIPs at main ghat please: Kumbh officials
Haridwar: VIPs and VVIPs wanting to take the
holy bath at the historical `Har Ki Pauri` ghat during the
Maha Kumbh here will have to do so like the common man, sans
their gun totting commandos or protocol directives.
According to the Mela officials, letters have been sent
to the Central government and all state government`s telling
them that no VIP or VVIP `snan` (bath), with the security
paraphernalia and other privileges, would be allowed at the
main bathing ghat on any of the `snan` days.
"We have already sent letters to all state governments and
the Centre, telling them that VIP or VVIPS wanting to take
bath will have to undertake `snan` at the bathing ghats,
especially `Har Ki Pauri`, without any special arrangements,"
Chief Mela Officer Anand Bardhan said.
He said the step was taken because during the bathing
dates, especially on February 12 when the `shahi snan` would
take place for `Maha Shivaratri` besides February 15 - Somvati
Amavasi Snan and April 14 - Mesha Sankranti Snan, providing
security to VIPs and following protocol would create
additional pressure on the administration.
Keeping this in mind, the administration has made a VIP
ghat, where even the Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
took his `snan` in the wee hours of January 15, just before
the solar eclipse.
The VIP ghat can be used only after proper passes are
issued by the local administration and is meant to cater to
the judges, senior bureaucrats, politicians and governors.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!