Nominated MLA takes oath
Dehra Dun: Ahead of the election of the
Speaker and the trust vote in the Uttarakhand Legislative
Assembly, R V Gardner today took oath as a nominated member of
the House giving much-needed boost to the ruling Congress
Pro-tem Speaker Shailendra Mohan Singhal administered
the oath to him.
Gardner was also a nominated member during the then
Congress regime between 2002 and 2007.
"We now have a strength of 40 in the House with Gardner
taking oath," Union Minister Harish Rawat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'