Nominated MLA takes oath
Dehra Dun: Ahead of the election of the
Speaker and the trust vote in the Uttarakhand Legislative
Assembly, R V Gardner today took oath as a nominated member of
the House giving much-needed boost to the ruling Congress
Pro-tem Speaker Shailendra Mohan Singhal administered
the oath to him.
Gardner was also a nominated member during the then
Congress regime between 2002 and 2007.
"We now have a strength of 40 in the House with Gardner
taking oath," Union Minister Harish Rawat said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation