Nomination of Mahra for RS seat found valid
Dehradun: All three nominations, including
that of Congress candidate Mahendra Singh Mahra, for the lone
Rajya Sabha seat from Uttarakhand were on Tuesday found valid.
Vidhan Sabha Principal Secretary D P Gairola said the
three nominations for the Rajya Sabha seat were today
scrutinised and they all were found valid.
Besides Mahra, who is close confindant of rebel Congress
leader Harish Rawat, BJP has also fielded two candidates--
Anil Goyal and Naresh Bansal-- for the lone Rajya Sabha seat.
In this regard, Gairola said BJP has given its symbol to
Goyal and the candidature of Bansal would be considered as
The last date of withdrawal of name is March 22 and if
more than one candidate remain in the field, the voting would
be held on March 30.
The seat is falling vacant as the tenure of Congress
leader Satyavrat Chaturvedi expires on April 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016