Non-bailable warrant against BJP legislator
Rudrapur: A local court in Kashipur on Tuesday issued a non-bailable warrant against BJP MLA from Gadarpur, Arvind Pandey, after he ignored its summons in a two-year-old case in which he is an accused.
Taking exception to Pandey repeatedly ignoring summons of the court, Judicial Magistrate Mukesh Chandra issued the NBW against the BJP legislator and asked Udham Singh Nagar SSP to implement the warrant by July 31.
A case was registered against the MLA and others on November 30, 2011 under the SC/ST Act for indulging in violence during a clash between two groups at Bajpur in Udhamsingh Nagar district.
While others accused in the case had secured exemption from personal appearance in the court, Pandey, a three time MLA, neither applied for it nor appeared in court in response to the summons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof