Non-bailable warrant against BJP legislator
Rudrapur: A local court in Kashipur on Tuesday issued a non-bailable warrant against BJP MLA from Gadarpur, Arvind Pandey, after he ignored its summons in a two-year-old case in which he is an accused.
Taking exception to Pandey repeatedly ignoring summons of the court, Judicial Magistrate Mukesh Chandra issued the NBW against the BJP legislator and asked Udham Singh Nagar SSP to implement the warrant by July 31.
A case was registered against the MLA and others on November 30, 2011 under the SC/ST Act for indulging in violence during a clash between two groups at Bajpur in Udhamsingh Nagar district.
While others accused in the case had secured exemption from personal appearance in the court, Pandey, a three time MLA, neither applied for it nor appeared in court in response to the summons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users