Non-bailable warrant against BJP legislator
Rudrapur: A local court in Kashipur on Tuesday issued a non-bailable warrant against BJP MLA from Gadarpur, Arvind Pandey, after he ignored its summons in a two-year-old case in which he is an accused.
Taking exception to Pandey repeatedly ignoring summons of the court, Judicial Magistrate Mukesh Chandra issued the NBW against the BJP legislator and asked Udham Singh Nagar SSP to implement the warrant by July 31.
A case was registered against the MLA and others on November 30, 2011 under the SC/ST Act for indulging in violence during a clash between two groups at Bajpur in Udhamsingh Nagar district.
While others accused in the case had secured exemption from personal appearance in the court, Pandey, a three time MLA, neither applied for it nor appeared in court in response to the summons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why