Non-bailable warrant against BJP MLA
Haldwani: A local court has issued a non-bailable warrant against a BJP MLA in a case of rioting in Kathgodam area of Nainital district in 2005, police said on Monday.
Noting that NBWs were issued against MLA from Gadarpur, Arvind Pandey, in the case earlier also, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajni Shukla directed the police to attach the legislator`s property if he evades arrest or refuses to surrender before the court by April 15, Kathgodam SHO Sanjay Pandey said.
A case was registered against the BJP MLA by Kathgodam police for alleged rioting during a protest over a murder in the area in 2005, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt