Non-bailable warrant against BJP MLA
Haldwani: A local court has issued a non-bailable warrant against a BJP MLA in a case of rioting in Kathgodam area of Nainital district in 2005, police said on Monday.
Noting that NBWs were issued against MLA from Gadarpur, Arvind Pandey, in the case earlier also, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajni Shukla directed the police to attach the legislator`s property if he evades arrest or refuses to surrender before the court by April 15, Kathgodam SHO Sanjay Pandey said.
A case was registered against the BJP MLA by Kathgodam police for alleged rioting during a protest over a murder in the area in 2005, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming