Non-bailable warrant against BJP MLA
Haldwani: A local court has issued a non-bailable warrant against a BJP MLA in a case of rioting in Kathgodam area of Nainital district in 2005, police said on Monday.
Noting that NBWs were issued against MLA from Gadarpur, Arvind Pandey, in the case earlier also, Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Rajni Shukla directed the police to attach the legislator`s property if he evades arrest or refuses to surrender before the court by April 15, Kathgodam SHO Sanjay Pandey said.
A case was registered against the BJP MLA by Kathgodam police for alleged rioting during a protest over a murder in the area in 2005, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?