Non-bailable warrant against Ramdev`s brother
Dehradun: A local court on Thursday issued a non-bailable warrant against Ram Bharat, the brother of Yoga guru Ramdev, in connection with the alleged abduction and torture of a former employee of Patanjali Yogpeeth.
The warrant was issued by Haridwar`s Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Archana Sagar, following which the police are on a lookout for Bharat, Haridwar SSP Rajiv Swaroop told.
Patanjali Yogpeeth is owned by the Yoga guru.
"We have obtained a non-bailable warrant against Bharat and various locations are being raided in search of him. He is still at large, but we hope to arrest him soon," he said.
Bharat was recently booked for allegedly abducting Nitin Tyagi, a former employee of the Patanjali Yogpeeth, he said.
Swaroop said if the Bharat does not surrender soon, the process of attaching his property will be initiated.
When told that Ramdev and his associates have alleged that they are being framed under a "Congress-sponsored conspiracy", Swaroop refused to comment but said everyone associated with Patanjali, including Ramdev, may be questioned to get to the truth and bring the culprit to book.
Tyagi was rescued and one person had been arrested in connection with his abduction, but Ramdev`s brother is still absconding, he said.
Ram Bharat was booked at Kankhal police station of Haridwar district recently under sections 365 (kidnapping or abducting), 342 (punishment for wrongful confinement) and 323 (punishment for voluntarily causing hurt) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics