NRI woman pilgrim killed as boulders fall over bus
Gopeshwar: An NRI woman pilgrim was killed and four others were injured when boulders fell on a tourist bus in Lambagar area on Badrinath national highway, police said on Sunday.
The mishap occurred on the Badrinath national highway about 15-km ahead of the high altitude pilgrimage centre in Uttarakhand`s Chamoli district on Saturday evening, police said.
The bus, coming from Delhi, was carrying pilgrims from the UK to Badrinath when boulders rolling down a hill in Lambagar fell over the bus killing 60-year-old Shobhna Ben Patel from London on the spot and injuring four others, they said.
There were 21 pilgrims in the bus heading for Badrinath after paying obeisance at Kedarnath, another important pilgrimage centre in the hill state.
The injured have been admitted to Joshimath government hospital, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak