NRI woman pilgrim killed as boulders fall over bus
Gopeshwar: An NRI woman pilgrim was killed and four others were injured when boulders fell on a tourist bus in Lambagar area on Badrinath national highway, police said on Sunday.
The mishap occurred on the Badrinath national highway about 15-km ahead of the high altitude pilgrimage centre in Uttarakhand`s Chamoli district on Saturday evening, police said.
The bus, coming from Delhi, was carrying pilgrims from the UK to Badrinath when boulders rolling down a hill in Lambagar fell over the bus killing 60-year-old Shobhna Ben Patel from London on the spot and injuring four others, they said.
There were 21 pilgrims in the bus heading for Badrinath after paying obeisance at Kedarnath, another important pilgrimage centre in the hill state.
The injured have been admitted to Joshimath government hospital, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings
- Euro 2016: After 4-0 rout vs Hungary, Eden Hazard can't wait for Wales in quarters
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic