Nursing college student pushed off moving bus in Uttarakhand, injured
Dehradun: A nursing college student was injured after being pushed off a moving state transport bus allegedly by its conductor, as she refused to purchase ticket saying she had a pass.
25-year-old Mangi Devi fell from the moving bus on Friday morning and was admitted to a hospital here, police said, adding that she registered a complaint after recovering.
According to the complaint, the incident occurred on Friday morning when Devi and her classmate Anita boarded a Delhi-bound Uttarakhand Roadways bus at Jwalapur to go to their college at Shantershah in Bahadrabad area.
After a while, the conductor of the bus asked them to show their tickets. The students showed him the passes they had been issued by the state government. The bus conductor refused to recognise the passes and insisted that they buy tickets for their travel.
This led to an argument between them and the conductor asked them to get down from the bus instantly. He then pushed them and Devi fell from the moving bus, police said.
Police are trying to trace the bus and the conductor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended