Nursing college student pushed off moving bus in Uttarakhand, injured
Dehradun: A nursing college student was injured after being pushed off a moving state transport bus allegedly by its conductor, as she refused to purchase ticket saying she had a pass.
25-year-old Mangi Devi fell from the moving bus on Friday morning and was admitted to a hospital here, police said, adding that she registered a complaint after recovering.
According to the complaint, the incident occurred on Friday morning when Devi and her classmate Anita boarded a Delhi-bound Uttarakhand Roadways bus at Jwalapur to go to their college at Shantershah in Bahadrabad area.
After a while, the conductor of the bus asked them to show their tickets. The students showed him the passes they had been issued by the state government. The bus conductor refused to recognise the passes and insisted that they buy tickets for their travel.
This led to an argument between them and the conductor asked them to get down from the bus instantly. He then pushed them and Devi fell from the moving bus, police said.
Police are trying to trace the bus and the conductor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS