One flop film doesn`t end hero`s career: Vijay Bah
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Monday sought to downplay his son Saket`s defeat in Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll saying "one flop film is not the end of a hero`s career".
Talking to reporters here for the first time since ruling Congress suffered a setback at the hands of BJP in Tehri, the chief minister said "one flop film does not mean the end of a hero`s career nor does getting out for a duck spell the end of a batsman`s."
He said the party in power in the state seems to have failed to feel the pulse of the electorate.
However, Bahuguna said the reasons behind the party`s loss at the hustings were being analysed and once the process of reviewing the poll verdict was complete he would speak to the media on the issue once again.
Asked whether he had been summoned by the party high command following the bypoll verdict, he said "the AICC headquarters is like a temple for every Congressman where they have to go to pay his obeisance".
Congress suffered a blow at the hands of BJP in Tehri Lok Sabha bypoll on October 13 when its nominee Saket lost to BJP`s Mala Rajya Laxmi Shah by over 22000 votes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?