One Nepali labourer killed, 38 injured as bus fall into gorge
Dehradun: A labourer from Nepal was killed and 38 were injured early today when the bus they were travelling in fell into a gorge in Nanakmatta area of Udhamsinghnagar district of Uttarakhand.
Police sources said the incident occurred near Nankasagar dam at about 4.30 this morning when the driver of the Uttarakhand Roadways bus going from Haridwar to Tanakpur allegedly dozed off and lost control over the vehicle.
Consequently, the bus fell into a 60 ft deep gorge killing one labourer on the spot and leaving 38 injured, they said.
Police rushed to the spot immediately after being informed and rescued the passengers.
All the injured were admitted in a hospital at Khatima. Later, two of the critically injured were referred to the government hospital at Bareli in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa