One Nepali labourer killed, 38 injured as bus fall into gorge
Dehradun: A labourer from Nepal was killed and 38 were injured early today when the bus they were travelling in fell into a gorge in Nanakmatta area of Udhamsinghnagar district of Uttarakhand.
Police sources said the incident occurred near Nankasagar dam at about 4.30 this morning when the driver of the Uttarakhand Roadways bus going from Haridwar to Tanakpur allegedly dozed off and lost control over the vehicle.
Consequently, the bus fell into a 60 ft deep gorge killing one labourer on the spot and leaving 38 injured, they said.
Police rushed to the spot immediately after being informed and rescued the passengers.
All the injured were admitted in a hospital at Khatima. Later, two of the critically injured were referred to the government hospital at Bareli in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire