`Ousting Cong from power in 2014 tops BJP agenda`
Dehradun: Accusing the UPA of being steeped in corruption, BJP in Uttarakhand Tuesday said dislodging the Congress from power in 2014 General elections is on top of the party`s agenda.
"After four years of UPA-II in power there is not even an iota of doubt left in people`s mind that corruption has flourished like never before under the Congress-led alliance. Eliminating the Congress to rid people of a corrupt regime in 2014 Lok Sabha polls is our only goal for now," BJP MP and in-charge of party affairs in Uttarakhand Radha Mohan Singh told reporters here.
Singh, who is on his maiden visit to the state after being made in-charge of the party for Uttarakhand, said the scenario in the hill state where Congress is in power is not very different from the Centre.
"The one-and-a-half-year old Congress government in Uttarakhand has left people disappointed. The recent civic body poll verdict in the state is also an indication that people are fed up with the Congress and looking at BJP as a strong and viable alternative," Singh said.
He said the party will get into election mode and appoint state convenors and in-charges for Lok Sabha polls after the BJP national executive to be held in Goa on June 8-9.
"We will go to people, bring them out on the streets and motivate them to wipe out the Congress in 2014 General elections," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH