Pandey new Uttarakhand DGP
Dehradun: Jyoti Swaroop Pande, an IPS
officer of 1976 batch, today took over as Uttarakhand Director
General of Police.
Pande was the Director General (Technical Services)
before he was appointed the state DGP.
He replaced Vijay Raghav Pant who was holding the
charge of acting DGP since July 12.
Before that Subash Joshi was the DGP who was relieved
of his charge in the wake of alleged beating up of a ruling
BJP MLA by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown