Paternity row: Cong distances itself from Tiwari
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand Congress Friday
distanced itself from the paternity row surrounding its senior leader N D Tiwari, calling it a "personal matter".
"This is a personal matter related to N D Tiwari. We
don`t have to say anything on the issue," said state Congress
president Yashpal Arya, a protégé of Tiwari.
Tiwari has filed a `personal affidavit` before the Delhi High Court saying no person can be compelled to give blood samples for DNA test against his will.
Tiwari was recently asked by the High Court to file a
`personal affidavit` explaining his refusal to undergo DNA
test and undertaking that that he was "voluntarily" refusing
to undergo DNA test.
Ever since the controversies related to Tiwari had
cropped up, the state Congress leaders particularly Arya has
maintained a distance from him. On the other hand, Tiwari
is being seen regularly on the political platforms of the
ruling BJP much to the chagrin of Congress party.
On a paternity suit by Rohit, a single-judge bench of the
Delhi High Court had on December 23 last year asked Tiwari to undergo the DNA test for ascertaining the veracity of Rohit`s claim that he is Tiwari`s biological son.
Tiwari then challenged the order before the High Court,
which too had rejected his appeal, following which he moved
the apex court on February 28.
But the apex court too had on March 14 refused to stay the
high court`s order for his DNA test. However, in a relief to
him, the court had said the result of the test will not be
made public unless it is required.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Bihar: This boy risks his life to save four students from drowning!
- Panel discussion on insensitive behaviour of administration and govt towards common man
- PM Modi saved cameraman from being washed away in Gujarat
- Stopping exercise for 10 days decreases brain blood flow
- Learn it from Japan – It runs a train for single passenger! Know why
- Subramanian Swamy calls LG Najeeb Jung a “420 like Kejriwal”
- India's bid to join US alliance could irk China, Pakistan: Chinese media
- MUST WATCH: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni hit two monster sixes out of Florida stadium