PCB notice to Ramdev`s herbal food park
Dehradun: In fresh trouble for Ramdev, Uttarakhand Pollution Control Board has issued a show cause notice to the herbal food park run by the yoga guru at Padartha in Haridwar district for allegedly releasing untreated waste into the water bodies of the area.
A notice has been served to the herbal food park run by Ramdev at Padartha for releasing untreated industrial affluents into water bodies in the area which are harming the crops," state Pollution Control Board Secretary Vinod SinghalFriday said.
The herbal food park has been given a 15-day deadline for responding to the notice and asked to keep its activities suspended for the period, the official said.
Samples of the untreated affluent being released by the park into the water bodies in the area have been found to be containing chemicals like Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) much beyond the prescribed limits, he said.
The samples taken by the state PCB following complaints from local farmers contain 210 mg of BOD per litre while the permissible limit is just 30 mg per litre.
Similarly, COD content in the samples is 816 mg per litre while the permissible limit is 350 mg per litre, Singhal said.
If the food park authorities don`t respond to the show cause notice within the set time frame of 15 days, they will be served with a closure notice, the PCB secretary said.
The PCB report on the samples of untreated waste from Ramdev`s herbal food park has also been submitted to the Haridwar district administration for necessary action, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi