PCB notice to Ramdev`s herbal food park
Dehradun: In fresh trouble for Ramdev, Uttarakhand Pollution Control Board has issued a show cause notice to the herbal food park run by the yoga guru at Padartha in Haridwar district for allegedly releasing untreated waste into the water bodies of the area.
A notice has been served to the herbal food park run by Ramdev at Padartha for releasing untreated industrial affluents into water bodies in the area which are harming the crops," state Pollution Control Board Secretary Vinod SinghalFriday said.
The herbal food park has been given a 15-day deadline for responding to the notice and asked to keep its activities suspended for the period, the official said.
Samples of the untreated affluent being released by the park into the water bodies in the area have been found to be containing chemicals like Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) and Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD) much beyond the prescribed limits, he said.
The samples taken by the state PCB following complaints from local farmers contain 210 mg of BOD per litre while the permissible limit is just 30 mg per litre.
Similarly, COD content in the samples is 816 mg per litre while the permissible limit is 350 mg per litre, Singhal said.
If the food park authorities don`t respond to the show cause notice within the set time frame of 15 days, they will be served with a closure notice, the PCB secretary said.
The PCB report on the samples of untreated waste from Ramdev`s herbal food park has also been submitted to the Haridwar district administration for necessary action, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days