Peaceful conduct of Mahakumbh is priority: Nishank
Dehradun: With crores of people expected to throng Uttarakhand for the Mahakumbh Mela that starts 14 January, the state government said peaceful conduct of the religious congregation was its top-most priority.
"Successful conduct of the Mahakumbh fair has been the utmost priority of the government for which heavy security has been put in place," Uttarakhand Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank told.
Over 25 lakh people are expected to take a holy dip in the river Ganga on January 14, the first day of the `snan`.
Eight lakh people have already reached the city, officials said.
Nishank said all arrangements have been put in place.
The Mahakumbh Mela administration has taken control over the 130-square km area notified as Kumbh Mela area comprising parts of Haridwar, Dehradun, Tehri and Pauri districts.
According to incharge of the Mela Anand Vardhan, tight security arrangements have been made at all entry points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!